|Location||Isle of Palms, SC|
|Property||The Palms Oceanfront Hotel|
|Date Posted||December 11, 2017|
Isle of Palms, SC – The Houseman is to maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel and provide customers with quality service in a timely and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel lobby, hallways, public restrooms, and public areas of the hotel
- Clean and maintain the appearance of the surrounding areas of the hotel, including the sidewalk, brass awning poles, signage, entrance and alleyClean and set-up meeting room functions according to the function sheet
- Deep cleaning of assigned areas of the hotel including the shampooing of rooms and public areas, window washing, hotel light fixtures, and guest elevators (including elevator tracks)
- Clean and maintain the back of the house area, including the employee break room, the changing rooms, the hotel laundry room, the compactor area, and the employee restroom
- Set up and maintain complimentary hotel lobby functions including the morning coffee service and the nightly concierge events
- Deliver housekeeping items (hair dryers, ironing boards, irons, etc.) to guest rooms upon request from the front desk
- Restocking housekeeping closets on each floor of the hotel
- Help housekeeping with removal of laundry off the floors
- Check and replenish your supplies and cleaning tools
- Greet each guest you see with “Good morning” or (afternoon, evening)
- Quickly respond to guest requests in a timely and friendly matter
- Follow procedures for entering and leaving guest rooms
- Return lost items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department as a “lost and found” item with the date, where it was found, description of the item, and finders name
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Abilty to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the abilities to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee occasionally works with cleaning fluids and solvents and must operate hand tools, including vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, have ability to reach 2 feet above your head, etc.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.