|Location||North Charleston, SC|
|Property||North Charleston Inn|
|Date Posted||December 19, 2016|
North Charleston, SC – The Housekeeper position is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel and providing customers with quality service in a timely and friendly manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel lobby, hallways, public restrooms, and public areas of the hotel.
- Clean and maintain the appearance of the surrounding areas of the hotel, including the sidewalk, brass awning poles, signage, entrance and alley.
- Clean and set-up meeting room functions according to the function sheets.
- Deep cleaning of assigned areas of the hotel including the shampooing of rooms and public areas, window washing, hotel light fixtures, and guest elevators (including elevator tracks).
- Clean and maintain the back of the house area, including the employee break room, the changing rooms, the hotel laundry room, the compactor area, and the employee restroom.
- Set up and maintain complimentary hotel lobby functions including the morning coffee service and the nightly concierge events.
- Deliver housekeeping items (hair dryers, ironing boards, irons, etc.) to guest rooms upon request from the front desk.
- Get assignments, keys, pager, and special guest requests from your supervisor at the beginning of your shift.
- Check and replenish your supplies and cleaning tools.
- Quickly respond to guest requests in a timely and friendly matter.
- Follow procedures for entering and leaving guest rooms.
- Return lost items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department as a “lost and found” item with the date, where it was found, description of the item, and finders name.
- Turn in keys and pager to Housekeeping Department when shift ends.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.