|Property||DoubleTree Hotel & Suites - Historic Charleston|
|Date Posted||April 7, 2017|
|Job Type||Food & Beverage|
Charleston, SC – The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining at the Hotel. The Host / Hostess is to ensure that each and every guest is promptly welcomed to the restaurant and escorted to their table. The Host / Hostess is to ensure that all guests needs and expectations are exceeded, and to efficiently and effectively resolve any guest issues to the guest’s satisfaction.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Strong written / verbal communication skills.
- Positive, upbeat attitude / personality.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Proper food safety training and certification as described by law.
- Experience working with computers / POS systems/Cash register
- One year of prior experience food and beverage
- Prior guest relations training
- Knowledge of proper food handling
- High School graduate or equivalent vocational training
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, extending arms over head, bending and stooping
- Standing for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push or pull
- Ability to push or pull a vacuum and wheeled carts weighing up to 100 lbs
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet guests and patrons personally as they enter into the establishment
- Receive and record dining reservations on the telephone
- Ensure the proper setup of dining and service areas
- Ensure dining room seating is controlled and that there is server parity in number of tables
- Offer appropriate seats using a truly personal demeanor
- Politely request guests to wait in waiting area if no table is available
- Ensure neatness and cleanliness of stations
- Present menus, make recommendations and take orders if necessary
- Ensure the quantity of food is sufficient to cater to the number of guests (ie; buffet)
- Relay orders to the kitchen and ensure all orders are filled in a timely and accurate fashion
- Maintain clean and organized tables and work area
- Assist other food and beverage staff when necessary
- Manage event related work including setting up tables and maintaining both exterior and interior of the restaurant
- Resolve guest’s concerns in a prompt manner
- Assist with preparation of Food and Beverage when needed
- Liaise between staff and customers to ensure great service
- Order table linens, napkins, and other dining room supplies as necessary
Secondary Job Functions:
- Bus tables and assist with processing dirty dishes if necessary
- Clean restaurant restrooms if assigned and necessary
- Assist kitchen with prep work or plating if necessary
- Deep clean all front of the house areas including windows and entrance as assigned
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than a hotel employment relationship.