Front Office Supervisor
|Property||DoubleTree Hotel & Suites - Historic Charleston|
|Date Posted||April 21, 2017|
|Job Type||Customer Service, Front Desk, Management|
Charleston, SC – The Front Office Supervisor primarily supervises the front office team members to ensure efficient and smooth operations for producing excellent feedback and guest satisfaction.
DOUBLETREE CULTURE CORE VALUES:
- Excellence – We are committed to delivering outstanding performance by exceeding the expectations and creating memorable experiences for our guests, team members and owners.
- Integrity – Be trustworthy and always do the right thing.
- Respect – Each person is honored and we treat each other with kindness.
- Teamwork – We care about each other and always accomplish more together.
- Innovation – To foster a culture that inspires and engages our team members to continually improve our product and services.
- Balance – Continually strive to balance our lives and contribute positively to the community.
- Resilience – We recover and thrive from any challenge or change.
FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure Outstanding customer care at all times
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times
- Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns
- Use suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue
- Supervise daily shift process ensuring all team members adhere to standard operating procedures
- Train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach and counsel the front desk team members to ensure a quality operation
- Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service
- Adhere to company credit limit/floor limit policies
- Allocate rooms to expected arrivals after checking the guest’s preferences and special requests
- Build strong relationships and liaise with all other department’s especially housekeeping, engineering, etc.
- Operates the PBX equipment, including, assisting incoming & outgoing calls, setting wake-up calls, enabling DND (Do Not Disturb) and paging for in-house guests
- Cross Check all billing instructions are correctly updated
- Control cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank
- Supervise the operations of the front desk to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management
- Ensure Front office log book and hotel log book is always updated and actioned upon
- Ensure safety by following guest check in and security procedures and reporting suspicious activity to General Manager or MOD
- Participate in hotel committees and task force assignments
- Assist all departments in servicing the guests during high volume periods
- Take responsibility in the absence of the Duty Manager /Front office manager
- As a supervisor you will be a role model, sharing your expertise and continually inspiring the front office team
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Experience of motivating and leading a winning team
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure
- Minimum 2 to 3 years work experience as Front Office Associate / Front office cashier in a hotel