Director of Food & Beverage
|Date Posted||March 7, 2017|
|Job Type||Food & Beverage, Management|
Fayetteville, AR – The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all property food and beverage operations, while maintaining a profitable F&B department with high-quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping consistent high quality.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- At least 2-3 years of F & B Director experience in a hotel in the US.
- A 4-year college degree preferred.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Office, Excel and Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Supervise all F&B personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints immediately if able.
- Investigate and reply to Guestfolio responses or complaints in a timely manner.
- Prepare the F&B budget and monitor department performance with respect to the same. Perform any necessary follow-up, including forecasting.
- Monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain competitive and profitable operations, including updating cocktail lists and menu items as necessary.
- Work with General Manager and keep informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the F&B department.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Organize and conduct department meetings on a regular basis.
- Monitor quality of service and product at all times.
- Ensure timely purchase of F&B items, within budget allocation.
- Oversee operations of the employee breakroom.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
- Ensure departmental compliance with SOP’s.
- Ensure the training of supervisors and leads on SOP’s, report preparation, technical job tasks.
- Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Conduct and/or attend all required meetings, including pre-event and post-event meetings.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that the hotel delivers the company experience by reviewing hotel operations from the customer’s perspective as well as from a business perspective.
- Keep current on pulse of the guests, constantly seeking opportunities to follow up on their experience.
- Provide employees with the tools and environment they need to deliver the company experience.
- Develop and implement strategies and practices that support employee engagement.
- Create luxury for the senses by managing the food preparation for a fine dining experience.
- Maintain product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food.