|Date Posted||March 6, 2017|
Clemson, SC – The Bell Attendant is greatly responsible for creating those first positive impressions upon the guests of The Abernathy when first arriving and throughout their stay. Responsibilities include opening doors of vehicle and lobby for guests, assisting guests with their luggage, check-in and check-out process and to their rooms upon arrival, departure and other service needs throughout the guest stay.
Applicants must have prior customer service experience (preferably hotel), a sincere love for interacting with people, ability to lift 50 pounds, bend, stand long periods of time and move quickly in order to assist guests in timely manner. Applicant must be at least 21 years of age. Background checks performed upon official offer of position.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Transport guest luggage from the point of arrival at the hotel to their assigned room
- Transport guest luggage from current room to reassigned room for room changes
- Transport guest luggage from their room to the point of departure from the hotel
- Assist in locating guest’s lost luggage
- Correctly tag, store and retrieve luggage from holding room
- Identify and explain hotel facilities and features to guests while escorting them to their room
- Identify fire exit closest to guest’s room and explain safety features of assigned room
- Demonstrate use of room key to guests
- Place guest luggage inside room
- Identify and explain guest room features to include use of: a) air conditioning/heat units and thermostat controls b) telephone c) television d) clock radio e) guest services directory f) mini-bar g) in room safe h) lights i) bathroom amenities j) valet/laundry services k) door lock l) ice and vending areas Offer packing/unpacking service, explain pressing and laundry service
- Maintain accurate knowledge of scheduled functions within the hotel to direct guests to correct locations
- Relay accurate directions to guests on inquiries of transportation within the local area
- Maintain accurate log record of guest calls for Bell Person assistance
- Answer Bell Stand telephone within 3 rings using correct greeting and telephone etiquette
- Remain in assigned post position, maintaining correct stance
- Retrieve guest dry cleaning/laundry from their rooms and deliver to (where applicable)
- Deliver items to guest rooms promptly to include: a) messages b) mail, faxes c) packages d) flowers e) sundry items requested by guest f) gift items Deliver newspaper by a.m. to specified guest rooms
- Perform any additional duties as requested by management
IT IS INCUMBENT UPON EVERY ASSOCIATE TO MAINTAIN A STRONG COMMITMENT TO REPRESENT THE ABERNATHY LEGACY & AN ALL IN CLEMSON ATTITUDE WHICH WILL CREATE MEMORABLE GUEST EXPERIENCES, AND TO TREAT EACH EMPLOYEE WITH THE SAME DIGNITY & RESPECT.