|Date Posted||July 12, 2017|
|Job Type||Administrative, Front Desk|
Nashville, TN – The Accounting Manager’s primary role is overseeing the day-to-day operations of the hotel accounting and personnel needs including general accounting, accounts receivable/collection, income audit, payroll, employee on-boarding and general cashiering functions.
- Responsible for the adherence and enforcement of all Fairlane Hotel and Charlestowne Hotels policies and procedures
- Responsible for maintaining the highest levels of professionalism and decorum amongst all the staff
- Process daily revenue and expense reporting
- Creates a comprehensive training program instilling a culture of service and follow through
- Documents and communicates associate challenges with the General Manager
- Review all potential safety and security issues and implement corrective action steps
- Monthly audit of General Cashier safe
- Process all new hires and assist department heads with onboarding of all team members
- Operate in compliance with all local, state and federal laws and government regulations.
- Protect operations by keeping financial, proprietary information, and plans confidential, as well as the privacy and security of all guests and coworkers.
- Maintain and secure assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal financial controls for all departments.
- Monitor and maintain all contracts, leases, and other legal and financial records.
- Accurate posting of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable; maintaining well organized files and up to date reports.
- Reconciling bank statements and credit card statements.
- Researches cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts, and unallocated cash.
- Verify and approve all vouchers and petty cash receipts for payment.
- Ensure that all invoices have been approved, properly ordered and received with required backup paperwork before entering into accounting software. Payments are made only for properly ordered and received items.
- Develop relationships and communication lines with vendors; responding to all vendor inquiries in timely manner, following up with past due accounts and invoices until issue is resolved.
- Analyze vendor accounts and negotiate extended terms with vendors to maximize cash flow opportunities.
- Prepare accurate period-end closing procedures, reports, and financial statements as specified.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data, recommending forecasting plans.
- Assist in development of Risk Management program. Maintain insurance programs; general liability, property, and Worker’s Compensation.
- Process payroll for hotel employees; monitoring wages, tips, hours, and overtime.
- Responsible for knowing all emergency procedures
- Assist in projects and other duties as directed by the General Manager
- Coach associates how to resolve and de-escalate conflicts
- Instill a calm, organized approach in all situations
- Comply with house policies and procedures
- Attend all management training as requested by the General Manager and Corporate office
- Follow/create/enforce company policies and procedures
- Ability to create, develop and make formal presentations using audio/visual aids
- Create courteous, friendly, professional work environment
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Report all safety hazards and suspicious person or activities to Security
- Know all safety and emergency procedures and your role in assisting during these times
- Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3 years’ experience in hospitality or food and beverage preferred
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance required
- Previous experience and knowledge of RoomKey Hotel Property Management Software and M3 Hospitality Accounting\ a plus
- Familiarity with all local and state laws
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications is required
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent service & communication skills
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer and telephone skills required
- Excellent listening skills
- Exceptional detail in follow-up
- Creative problem solving skills
- Basic mathematical skills required
- Strong attention to detail