|Location||Mount Pleasant, SC|
|Property||Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mount Pleasant|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2017|
Mount Pleasant, SC – The Hotel General Manager’s purpose is to assure all operations are coordinated to exceed expectations. This position requires an exceptional service personality with a “hands on” approach. The successful candidate must be willing to work flexible hours and have preferably have previous General Manager experience. The successful candidate will also have a proven track record of team building and leadership, superior service instincts, and outstanding communication skills to effectively deal with guests and staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding budget revenue and profitability targets and Owner’s expectations
- Develop and execute annual budget and business plans; effectively adapt to market changes
- Excellent understanding of Financial Reports (P&L, Operating and Capital budgets, Forecasts)
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies and established operating procedures while exceeding guest expectations by providing a safe, secure, and quality experience
- Recruit, select, train, and manage employees to deliver superior guest service and quality products that will lead to maximizing revenue and profitability goals
- Requires outstanding operational and owner relations experience
- Requires highly developed communication skills (written and oral) to interface with executives at all organizational levels – owners, investors, employees, and guests
- Must be hands on and oversee all departments
- Act as an ambassador within the community and champion of the dynamic stakeholders
- Maintains a high personal visibility throughout the property and the community
- Have a high standard for customer service
- Lead the sales efforts of the hotel through supporting the hotel’s sales team in generating revenue opportunities
- Conducting outside sales calls and building relationships with key accounts
- Create new programs in response to market conditions and revenue opportunities
- Prepare weekly & monthly sales and property management reports
- Knowledge and aptitude for use of a variety of computer software applications and property management systems and reservation systems
- Detail orientated
- Flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Must be effective in multi-tasking
- High school or equivalent education required
- Several years’ experience in hotel operations in an executive leadership role
- Previous General Manager experience preferred
- College Degree preferred
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a GM or AGM in the hotel industry REQUIRED
- Experience in an independent hotel environment preferred
- Must be highly motivated, self-directed, with strong initiative and desire for achievement
- Exceptional customer service skills required
- Must possess strong computer skills
- Excellent communication and presentations skills required
- Must be a leader, a driver, and bottom line oriented
- Must possess outstanding communication skills
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of PMS systems
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Ability to distinguish product quality, taste, texture and presentation and observe preparation.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Hearing, smelling, tasting, and visual ability to observe and distinguish product quality and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
- Strong leadership and people skills, plus the ability to build and foster a positive team environment
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions