Food and Beverage Line Cook
|Property||Inn at Carnall Hall|
|Date Posted||April 18, 2017|
|Job Type||Food & Beverage|
Fayetteville, AR – As a Food and Beverage Line Cook, you will be responsible for a high level of consistent meals according to recipes and standards, keeping a clean and sanitized work area at all times and exhibit impeccable food presentation and garnishing, leading to exceeding guest expectations and creating repeat business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Set up stations and collect all necessary misenplais to prepare menu for service
- Weigh and measure ingredients for cooking
- Prepare a variety of foods including meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable and cold food items
- Prepare sauces and garnishes for allocated station
- Cover, date and correctly store all food items as per safe food-handling procedures
- Inform chef in advance of likely shortages
- Serve food in keeping with the standards of establishment
- Ensure the correct temperature of food to make it attractive and tasty
- Taste all food items for quality purpose before serving
- Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufacturers instructions
- Close the kitchen correctly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations
- Maintain an organized and sanitized work area at all times
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Return dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas
- Assist staff with other duties as assigned by kitchen manager
- Cleans kitchen before and after shift
- Sanitize refrigerators and storerooms
- Operate and maintain all kinds of kitchen appliances
- Perform record keeping and reports generation duties
- Order and take delivery of food and supplies
- Report any unforeseen circumstances, maintenance needs or faulty equipment to the manager
- Maintain outstanding working relationships with staff, guests, and supervisors
- Perform all reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors/Managers
- High School graduate or equivalent vocational training
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive upbeat attitude / personality.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Proper food safety training and certification as described by law
- Cooking and preparing all menu items in accordance standards set by the Chef
- Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food on the line
- Food preparation and portioning prior to service
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment
- Ability to lift 60 lbs and stand for long periods of time
- High level of professionalism